As one of the best HVAC companies in Colorado Springs, Polar Bear Mechanical understands how important it is for our customers to learn how to make their HVAC systems operate as efficiently as possible. With our guidance and resources, you’ll learn how to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system, and ensure it lasts as long as possible while still running smoothly. Whether you have a commercial HVAC system or a residential HVAC system, these tricks will help you take care of your system properly.
Tips For A Residential HVAC System
With proper maintenance, you’ll notice that not only does your residential HVAC system operate more efficiently, but you may also notice significant savings on your utility bills. Efficient HVAC systems don’t have to work hard to do their jobs, allowing you to reap the financial benefits. To care for your residential HVAC system, make sure to do the following:
- Replace your air filter monthly.
- Clean air filters help to make sure you’re breathing in clear, fresh air, and minimizes the risk of allergies. When you regularly change your air filters, it also means your heating and cooling system doesn’t have to work extra hard to blow air through a congested air filter.
- Schedule regular maintenance appointments.
- It’s crucial to have professionals inspect your HVAC system regularly to make sure it doesn’t need any repairs. If HVAC professionals do notice a problem with your HVAC system, then they’ll be able to address it and make the appropriate repairs. The longer your HVAC system goes without proper maintenance, the more likely it is that it’s working with a faulty component and causing irreparable damage.
- Clear the area surrounding your outside air conditioning unit.
- Whether you use an air conditioning cover or you regularly pick up the area around your air conditioning unit, it’s important to make sure the area stays clear of debris. In order to function properly, your AC unit needs at least two feet of space surrounding all sides. This helps to make sure the fins and other components of the unit aren’t damaged and are able to operate properly.
Tips For A Commercial HVAC System
As a business owner, it’s important to be aware of how much money you’re spending on utilities, and making sure you’re not spending more than necessary. If any part of your HVAC system is forced to work harder than it needs to, that will result in your utility bill skyrocketing. By following the steps listed below, you can make sure your utility bills stay low and your commercial HVAC system lasts as long as possible. This also means you won’t have to worry about spending money to replace your entire HVAC system or performing costly repairs.
- Inspect your air ducts.
- Did you know the Department of Energy found that nearly 25 to 40 percent of air that travels through your HVAC system escapes through leaky ductwork? By having an HVAC professional inspect your ductwork regularly, they’ll be able to make sure your air duct system is in tip-top shape. This helps ensure you aren’t wasting money on air that’s just escaping your air duct system.
- Install the proper equipment.
- While this may seem obvious, it’s one of the most important parts of having an efficient commercial HVAC system. If you have an HVAC system installed that’s either too large or too small for your office space, it will dramatically affect your utility bills and the system’s efficiency.
- Have your system regularly inspected.
- Similarly to a residential HVAC system, one of the best ways to ensure your commercial HVAC system is operating properly is to schedule regular maintenance appointments. The sooner an HVAC specialist repairs any problems with your system, the sooner they’ll be able to get it back up and running properly and efficiently.
Polar Bear Mechanical Ensures You Have An Efficient HVAC System
Whether it’s performing routine maintenance appointments or teaching you different tricks to save money on your heating bills, our team of HVAC specialists is here to make sure your HVAC system is meeting all of your needs. From commercial HVAC systems to residential HVAC systems, our team is here to help you save money while having a properly functioning system. If you’d like to learn more about different ways to enhance the efficiency of your HVAC system, make sure to contact our team of professionals today!