As top-tier HVAC technicians, Polar Bear Mechanical understands the many different types of HVAC systems, including ductless heating and cooling systems. If you’re researching and choosing an HVAC system for your home, you may have thought, “What are ductless heating and cooling systems?” Our team has gathered all of the information you need to know about these HVAC systems so you can decide if it’s right for you.
The Benefits Of A Ductless System
Unlike traditional HVAC systems, ductless systems don’t require any ductwork for installation. This makes ductless systems an excellent option for people who have homes without an air duct system or for people who are building a house and don’t want to spend the time or money installing an air duct system. Some other benefits of a ductless HVAC system include:
- Easy Installation
- While traditional HVAC systems require a long process of installing invasive ductwork, ductless HVAC systems only need a small hole to be drilled into the wall during installation. This small hole connects the indoor unit to the outdoor compressor and is practically invisible.
- Efficient Air Distribution
- Ductless systems can control the amount of air that’s circulated throughout your home, which allows the system to disperse cold or hot air more effectively.
- Reduced Allergies
- Ductless systems have air filters integrated into the systems. These air filters trap contaminants such as dust, pollen, dirt, and germs before the air enters your home. With clean air circulating through your house, you’ll be able to enjoy the fresh air and experience fewer allergies.
- Did you know that with traditional HVAC systems, people lose about 30 percent of their home’s energy due to ductwork leaks? Compared to traditional HVAC systems, ductless heating and cooling systems can heat up and cool down your home at a fraction of the cost.
- Flexible Model Options
- You can choose a ductless HVAC system to fit your needs. Whether you only want to heat and cool one room, or you’re looking for an HVAC system that can control the temperature of multiple rooms in your home, there’s a ductless HVAC model that can handle your needs.
What’s The Ideal Situation For Ductless Systems?
There are certain situations where a ductless HVAC system makes the most sense, including:
- New Additions
- If you just added a room to your house, then a ductless HVAC system is a perfect heating and cooling solution for your new addition. Ductless HVAC systems are a great way to add heating and cooling to a new space without overwhelming your old HVAC system.
- Serving Multiple Spaces
- If you have a large family who constantly disagrees on what temperature your home should be, you should look into a ductless heating and cooling system. With ductless HVAC systems, you can have independent, efficient temperature zones in different spaces.
- House Without Existing Ductwork
- If you want to add heat and air conditioning to your home but don’t have a ductwork system, a ductless system is perfect for you! Instead of spending a lot of time and money having someone install an air duct system for you, you can add a simple ductless system and enjoy heat and air in your home in no time!
Chill Out With Polar Bear Mechanical’s Ductless HVAC Solutions
Whether you want to add heat and air to your home without an air duct system, or you’re interested in an affordable heating and cooling system, ductless HVAC is a great solution! At Polar Bear Mechanical, we’ll help you explore your ductless HVAC options and choose a system that’s perfect for your heating and cooling needs. If you’re interested in learning more about ductless HVAC solutions or would like to schedule a free HVAC consultation, contact our HVAC professionals today!